Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Angels


We arrived at the hospital at 9 am and were ready for the induction, as ready as two bright eyed scared and unprepared soon to be parents could be. After my sweet daughter entered the world the song from that show that comes about every 4 years that has super humans that run real fast and dive real good started playing in my head, because, my wife to me was now a super human. She brought my daughter into the world, with no drugs and only her motherly instinct and passion to do what was best for her child to deal with the pain. It was an experience that will be impressed upon my mind until the day I die. I will never forget seeing my daughter, beautiful and perfect. I became soft, instantly, I am not a soft person, I am not an emotional person. Though I would lie to your face tears were welling in my eyes. I am smiling right now because my lil sweetheart is cooing as she is feeding, anyway I was overcome, a love that I had never felt so strong for my wife and daughter filled my heart and my emotions became uncontrollable. I told everyone I knew that my baby would not make me soft, I had not counted on the amount of love for my daughter my heart was instantly overflowing with. We were all together as a family, a family of three and life became more complete despite being confined to the walls of a hospital room. As Bethany slept that night I took Roxann into my arms, I rocked and walked her until she was comfortably asleep. As I paced around the small hospital room I looked over to see my wife sleeping like an angel. I smiled looked at my daughter, then back at my wife. The love God has for me must be incredible, he sent me two angels. Bethany had given everything she physically could for our family, our lives will be forever enhanced for her sacrifice. I cried. Having these two perfect girls with me made it the greatest day of my life. I wondered how God could have such great love for us all despite all our foibles, when I gazed upon my child I understood to a small extent, I saw perfection and knew our heavenly father sees that in all us.

1 comment:

  1. This is Kassidi. Thank-you for blogging. I love it, all of it...but especially this post. You have such a sweet wonderful little family!

    ReplyDelete