Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

To Officer Chapman of the Utach County Sheriffs Office, bravo

I just wanted to send officer Chapman a quick note to let him know he can walk a little taller today having helped so many citizens. I own a 1988 Honda Civic that barely runs. When my wife found out she was pregnant with our first child in may I sold a car I loved and bought something I could afford to buy cash in order to help pay for the birth of our child. My grandfather also recently had open heart surgery and cannot do many of the things he used to be able to do on his own. I worked my full 8 hour day in construction and spent the rest of my evening mowing, edging and furtulizing my grandfathers lawn, I know it is important to him. My Day started at 8:00 this morning, while on my home to wife and daughter at 9:12 pm officer Chapman had the decency to pull me over and let me know he could not see my license plate. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the bolts where the license plate should be mounted are so rusted they cannot be removed and thus I could not mount the plate. I guess officer Chapman should also have his eyes checked since the plate was clearly displayed in my rear window. It's ok I don't expect that much intelligence out of police officers. When he saw my front plate in my glove box, for which the car has no mount being built in 1988, he decided that would be a great opportunity to bump up the charges. Since I did not have my insurance card from my new carrier he also decided to ticket me for that. I just wanted to let him know he is such a great police officer. By giving a ticket for every possible infraction he could to a registered, insured and law abiding citizen he truely was able to serve and protect. I will remember him kindly when each time I pay my taxes and know it is going to such a honest, hard working and productive member of society.


Warm reguards,



Lance Teeples

2 comments: