Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bad Wrap for Skeletons

  



    As I slaved away removing a porch from a 50 year old house, excitement mounted with the extrication each plank, my head was filled with hopes of finding something long lost inside, a hobo or pioneer skeleton.  To my chagrin as each piece of wood lifted off the two by six foundation nothing was revealed, only dirt and wood.  I began to think of the consequences of finding a skeleton, police and reporters would come from all around to watch. KSL would do a typical terrorist news story finding out if the remains carried an ancient long thought to be gone disease.
    I decided had I seen a skeleton I probably would have been scared, just because everyone is scared of skeletons, except for other skeletons I suppose.  The prejudice against our epidermis lacking colleagues should not be tolerated.  Cast in your own mind right now, your door bell rings, you go to answer to find a 5' 10" shiny white skeleton tipping his hat to say how do you do?  What is your reaction? You would freak out, and for no reason.  Suppose he was selling door to door to be able to afford the mere necessity extra calcium rich dark leafy greens as his mother is suffering from severe osteoporosis, instead of helping a family you cast him off as naught all do to a preconceived prejudice ingrained into you from spooky movies and the steady stream of skeleton murderers that have been convicted.
   All I ask is that we all put our prejudices aside and only judge based on fact rather than the lack of color or skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment